After updating the drivers for my Dell laptop, it was stuck in airplane mode permanently. The specific model I have is Latitude E6540. The standard solution you can find online is to hold Fn + Print Screen, or Fn + F2 to toggle airplane mode. However, that didn’t do anything for me. Here’s what I did, which did work:
- Under Human Interface Devices, uninstall Dell’s airplane mode switch driver
- Yes, you want it to delete the driver files
- Press F2 frantically to trigger the BIOS setup menu
- Under Wireless, disable everything under Wireless Switch
- Under the other Wireless menu, disable everything. Apply, re-enable everything.
- Exit BIOS menu.
This worked for me, maybe it’ll work for you. Some of these steps may have been unnecessary.